Update KB4103727 is one of the updates that prevented the remote desktop from connecting to hosts.
In May 2018, some users reported that they could not log into Remote Desktop after the KB4103727 update for Windows 10 version 1709.
In June and July 2018, some users reported on forums that EWC stopped working for them after the April 2018 Windows 10 update (version 1803).
Here are some solutions for Remote Desktop when it stops working after a Windows update.
What should I do if Windows Update blocks the remote desktop?
- Verify that the host and client computers have been upgraded.
- Check the third-party remote control software
- Check for the latest Windows updates
- Setting up updates with System Restore
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run menu and click OK.
- Then, on the left side of the Control Panel window, click View Installed Updates to open the list of the most recent updates. Here you can check if the host has received the same updates as the client.
- If any of the host’s client updates are missing, click the Check for Updates button on this page to manually check for and install the missing updates. You can also download updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
The authentication failed because users were using Remote Desktop on the upgraded client to connect to a non-owned host server.
Therefore, KB4103727 or an equivalent update is not installed on the host platform. So make sure that the client and the host have received the same monthly updates.
If Windows Update blocks Remote Desktop, you can always use a third-party solution, for example. B. Use AnyDesk. The software consumes less bandwidth and offers better performance than Remote Desktop.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair Everything to fix problems with proprietary technologies.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process replaces the damaged files with new files and Windows components.
Data protection is a top priority for AnyDesk. The software offers TLS 1.2 encryption, whitelisting, two-factor authentication, and can even darken the PC’s screen remotely.
The software is light and incredibly fast, and it’s available on almost every platform, both desktop and mobile, so you can use it on Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS and Android.
AnyDesk is a lightweight remote control software that won’t disturb your system.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings program.
- Go to Updates and Security.
- Click on the Check for updates button.
- If updates are available, Windows installs them automatically.
It may be surprising that with Windows Update, Remote Desktop doesn’t work properly. However, Microsoft has already solved this problem in the form of the update KB4284848.
remote desktop not working windows 10remote desktop not working windows 7remote desktop connection keeps freezing windows 10 1909remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer windows 10remote desktop has stopped working win 10how to update remote desktop connection windows 10,People also search for,remote desktop has stopped working win 10,remote desktop not working windows 10,how to update remote desktop connection windows 10,remote desktop not working after windows 10 update 1909,remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons,remote desktop not working windows 7,remote desktop connection keeps freezing windows 10 1909,remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer windows 10