4. Delete configuration files and return to default settings
- Go to the folder C:Program FilesSteamappsCommonCall of Duty Black Ops IIplayers.
- In this folder you should see these files:
- Computer equipment
- Each of these files represents one of the three game modes. You need to delete the file associated with the game mode that is giving you trouble.
- Restart the game and it will return to the default settings.
5. Install beta drivers for your graphics card
If you see Call of Duty Black Ops 2 crashing often, the problem may be related to your graphics drivers.
According to users, they could no longer play the game due to constant crashes. However, they were able to solve the problem by simply downloading the latest drivers for their graphics card.
We’ve already written a guide on updating your video card driver, which you can read if you need more information.
Several users have reported that using the latest beta drivers solved the problem, so you can do the same.
Once you have updated the drivers, the game should run smoothly again.
Want the latest GPU drivers? Bookmark this page and stay tuned.
6. Use special graphics instead of integrated graphics
Many users have reported that they cannot play Call of Duty Black Ops 2 on their computers because the game crashes at the loading screen.
However, there is a way to fix this problem. Many PCs have both dedicated and integrated graphics, and using integrated graphics can cause this problem.
To solve this problem, you need to install a dedicated graphics card as the main graphics card. It’s pretty simple, and you can do it through the Nvidia Control Panel or the AMD Catalyst Control Center.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair Everything to fix problems with proprietary technologies.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process replaces the damaged files with new files and Windows components.
If your Nvidia control panel is not working in Windows 10, check this special guide and fix it easily. If you are experiencing the same issue with your AMD Catalyst Control Center, please refer to this guide.
If you cannot find the option to switch to dedicated graphics in these utilities, you can do so in the BIOS. Accessing the BIOS seems too much trouble? Let us make it easy for you with this guide!
Your BIOS is a little more complicated. For information on how to disable the integrated graphics card, please refer to your motherboard’s manual for detailed instructions.
After disabling embedded graphics, check if the problem is resolved.
Can’t change your graphics card in Windows 10? Follow the steps in this guide to solve the problem quickly.
7. Make sure DirectX and C++ redistributors are installed.
Many applications require certain components to work properly, and this is also the case with Call Of Duty Black Ops 2. To play the game, you need to install the correct version of C++ Redistribtables and DirectX.
Sometimes these components are not automatically installed on your PC, which can cause problems with Black Ops 2. However, you can easily solve the problem by installing the necessary parts.
You can download DirectX and C++ redistributions online, but there is a faster way. There are different versions of DirectX and C++ that can be redistributed, and to play the game you must download and install the correct version.
Many games already have the necessary components and you only need to install them manually. To do this for Black Ops 2, just follow these steps:
- Go to the Black Ops 2 installation folder. By default, that should be SteamsteamappscommonCall of Duty Black Ops II.
- Now go to the redist directory and run vcredist_x86.exe.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Not necessary: If you have another installation file available in the redist directory, you can run that too.
- Once the installation is complete, go to the redistDirectX directory and run DXSETUP.exe.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
After installing both components, try restarting Black Ops 2. Many users have reported that the problem was solved after installing these two components, so you can give it a try.
8. Play the game in compatibility mode
- Find the Call of Duty Black Ops 2 shortcut, right-click on it, and select Properties from the menu.
- When the Properties window opens, click the Compatibility tab. Check the Run this program in compatibility mode box and select an older version of Windows. Now click Apply and OK to save your changes.
If you can’t play Call of Duty Black Ops 2 on your computer, users say you can solve the problem by running the game in compatibility mode.
Then try starting the game and see if that helps. If you do not have a shortcut on your desktop, you will find the .exe file of the game in the installation folder.
If you need an FPS counter for Call of Duty Black Ops 2, check out our list of top options.
9. Close problematic applications
Sometimes third-party applications can interfere with Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and prevent it from starting. Many applications can interfere, but users have reported solving the problem after closing Sonic Studio.
This application is part of the ASUS Audio program. If you have it on your computer, close or delete it to see if that fixes the problem.
If you want to make the game run smoother, check out this guide on which services to disable.
10. Running Steam as Administrator
- Find your Steam shortcut and right click on it.
- Now select Run as administrator from the menu.
Several users reported that they had solved the problem by simply running Steam as an administrator. To do this, simply follow the steps above.
If this solves the problem, you can change the configuration of Steam and still run it with administrator privileges. Proceed as follows:
- Right-click on the Steam shortcut and select Properties from the menu.
- Now go to the Compatibility tab and check the Run this program as administrator box. Now click Apply and OK to save your changes.
After that, Steam will still run with administrator privileges, and the Black Ops 2 issues should be resolved.
Nothing happens when you click run as administrator? No worries, we have the right solution for you! Check this article and correct it irrevocably.
That’s it. I hope at least some of these solutions were helpful to you and that you can now play Call of Duty Black Ops on Windows 10.
If you have any suggestions or questions, please use the comment box below.
Is there another problem?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent review from TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Restore All to fix patented technology problems (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
frequently asked questions
Will Call of Duty Black Ops run on Windows 10?
Article, Studio Black-ops…
Can you play COD Black Ops 2 on PC?
Can we still be banned from Black Ops 2 2020?
Feedback,black ops 1 not working windows 10call of duty black ops 2 crack fixcall of duty black ops steam errorbo1 steamnosteam black ops 2 not openingcall of duty: black ops 1 hanging problem,People also search for,call of duty black ops 2 crack fixnosteam black ops 2 not openingt6zm.exe black ops 2 downloadcannot create steam_api dll black ops 2call of duty: black ops not workingsteam download,unhandled exception caught wawblack ops 2, fatal error 0xc0000005call of duty black ops 2 visual c++رفع ارور during initializationblack ops 2 unhandled exception caught redditopennet plugin loaded into an unknown process,unhandled exception caught wawرفع ارور during initializationerror during initializationt6zm.exe black ops 2 downloadblack ops 2 unhandled exception caught redditopennet plugin loaded into an unknown process,black ops 1 not working windows 10black ops 1 crashes on startup pcblack ops 1 custom resolutionblack ops pcgamingwikiblack ops 1 crashes when changing resolutioncall of duty black ops 1 zone files download,call of duty black ops 2 not starting on windows 7,call of duty black ops 2 unhandled exception caught skidrow fix,call of duty black ops 2 crack fix,call of duty black ops 2 unhandled exception caught without steam,black ops 1 not working windows 10,nosteam black ops 2 not opening,call of duty: black ops 2 (date/unhandled exception caught and launcher fix),call of duty black ops 2 skidrow not starting