The Nintendo Switch has proven time and time again that it is the perfect console for indie games. Thanks to the system’s hybrid design, these games can be played on the big screen at home or on the go to play anytime, anywhere. There’s a lot to remember, so check out the presentation below, and we’ll reveal everything below via the official press release.
REDMOND, Washington, 14. April 2021 – Spring is in the air, and the latest indie adventure on Nintendo Switch is in full swing! During its recent Indie World video presentation, Nintendo revealed 21 games from independent developers coming to Nintendo Switch, and three of them were released today!
Indie games in the showcase include Road 96, a procedural game by DigixArt that changes based on the choices you make, OXENFREE II: Lost Signals, the sequel to Night School Studio’s acclaimed supernatural game; OlliOlli World, the new Roll7 skateboarding game from the OlliOlli franchise; two new games from acclaimed publisher Annapurna Interactive; and The Longing, an experimental real-time adventure game from Studio Seufz, launching today on Nintendo Switch.
Additionally, the Nintendo eShop is launching its Indie World Sale starting today with discounts on select indie games for Nintendo Switch from today until the 25th. April at 23:59 PT. For a full list of indie games participating in the promotion, visit https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/.
Nintendo Switch continues to offer a fresh and growing library of great independent games that amaze gamers with their unique vision and engaging gameplay, said Steve Singer, senior vice president of publishing and developer relations at Nintendo of America. We hope people can enjoy these diverse games from talented indie developers anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch.
To view the video of Indian World in its entirety, visit https://www.nintendo.com/indie-world. Some of the highlights presented in the video include:
- Road 96 by DigixArth : Road 96 is a story driven game with a mix of adventure, exploration and puzzle solving. It tells a procedural story with thousands of possible paths. Meet characters from all walks of life and learn about their adventures. The choices you make – big and small – can drastically change your experience. There are many ways. Which one do you want? Road 96 is coming to the Nintendo Switch later this year.
- OXENFREE II : Lost Signals by Night School Studios: Published by MWM Interactive, OXENFREE II: Lost Signals is a supernatural storytelling adventure game about an explorer who stumbles upon haunting events. Five years after the events of OXENFREE, Riley returns to his hometown of Kamenu to investigate mysterious radio frequency signals that cause strange disturbances. OXENFREE II : Lost Signals is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2021.
- OllieOllie World by Roll7 : The brave new addition to the OlliOlli series is here! In OlliOlli World, roam the streets of Redland in search of the mystical skate gods in this action-platformer. With ultra-fluid controls and a fluid design that guides your combos, you’ll gain explosive skills as you meet colorful characters and discover the hidden secrets of this vibrant, animated world. OlliOlli World is coming to Nintendo Switch this winter.
- Annapurna Interactive : Two new games from Annapurna Interactive, the award-winning publisher Florence and What Remains of Edith Finch, are coming to Nintendo Switch. These are just the latest artistic gems in the publisher’s already impressive library of games!
- Insight: Insight, from developer Joel MacDonald, is a gripping narrative game about an elderly woman who remembers her family. Objects from her past serve as portals to long-forgotten memories and reveal a decision that changed her life forever. You’ll find out more when the Hindsight app launches on Nintendo Switch later this year.
- Last stop: Last Stop from developer Variable State is a single-player third-person adventure game set in modern-day London. You play as three different characters whose worlds collide in the midst of a supernatural crisis. What do these three aliens have in common? Where will fate take them? Find out when Last Stop will be released on Nintendo Switch in July.
- The nostalgia of the Seufz studios: With a beautifully hand-crafted art-style and a compelling story, The Longing is unlike anything you’ve played before! Big turn: You don’t really have to play to see how it ends! But that doesn’t mean you should sit back and do nothing. As the main character, Shade, you have to wait 400 days for your king to wake up. While you wait, you can explore dark caves, solve temporary puzzles and collect items. Start your countdown to the release of The Longing on Nintendo Switch….. later today!
- Aerial_Knight’s Never Yield: This is not a typical racing game! Run, jump, slide and race through a futuristic Tokyo Detroit as the protagonist Wally, to the sounds of a stunning soundtrack, to save what’s left of the future. Never Yield by Aerial_Knight will be released on the 19th. May for the Nintendo Switch. The demo will be available in the Nintendo eShop today!
- Polytron BMS: Gomez is a two-dimensional being living in a two-dimensional world. Or is it? When he discovers the existence of a mysterious third dimension, Gomez embarks on a journey that takes him to the edge of time and space. Use your ability to navigate 3D structures from four different classic 2D perspectives. Acclaimed FEZ game launches on Nintendo Switch….. later!
- The Aztecs forgot Lienzo’s gods: If you’re looking for a great adventure inspired by Aztec mythology, then Aztec Forgotten God by Mexican studio Lienzo is for you. Get powerful hand upgrades, traverse different areas of the advanced Mesoamerican metropolis and meet a variety of characters to unravel ancient secrets. Aztec Forgotten Gods is coming to Nintendo Switch this fall.
- There is no game: Wrong dimension of Draw me a pixel: Despite its name, it’s a game! There is no game: Wrong Dimension is a comical adventure full of puzzles and riddles. If you are looking for something different, experimental and full of surprises, look no further. There is no game: Wrong Dimension is coming to Nintendo Switch…. later today!
- The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Schroeder’s revenge of the Tribute Games: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a combination of retro and modern visuals: In Shredder’s Revenge, four beloved turtles take on each other in classic arcade style. Up to four players can play locally* or online in this wacky game, developed by Tribute Games and published by Dotemu, who also published Streets of Rage 4 and Wonder Boy: The dragon trap. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge is coming to Nintendo Switch later this year.
- Crystal Tales by Dreams Uncorporated and SYCK: Inspired by classic and modern JRPGs, Cris Tales incorporates time travel and combat into the plot, with various surprise effects, such as enemies becoming younger and therefore easier to defeat. As you explore this dark and cunning fairy tale world, you’ll recruit all kinds of allies and discover new realms. Tales of Crystals comes on the 20th. July on the Nintendo Switch.
- GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon by Konami Digital Entertainment and GuruGuru : A demonstration of the stylized Japanese aesthetic, GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon offers a dynamic roguelike experience with dangerous dungeons, fierce boss battles and intense skill-based combat. GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon is coming to Nintendo Switch next year.
- Beasts of Maravilla Island by Banana Bird Studios LLC: In this 3D adventure game, you play as a young photographer who travels through the magical ecosystem of Maravilla Island to discover extraordinary creatures, learn about their behavior and, most importantly, photograph their greatness. Beasts of Maravilla Island will be released on Nintendo Switch in June.
- School: The Heroic Fighter of SouthPAW Games: Take on an entire army to save your king in this lightning-fast 2D action game. And the best part? To progress in the game, you need to trade your skills, which is done by trading … The heads! With 90 playable characters, each with their own special abilities, you might think you’re in over your head in real life! School: Hero Slayer will be released on Nintendo Switch this summer.
- The art of rallying by Funselektor Labs Inc: Can you master the art of rally driving? Drive legendary cars, inspired by the golden age of rally racing, on challenging tracks in stylized environments around the world. The Art of Rally was released for Nintendo Switch this summer.
- KeyWe from Stonewheat & Sons: KeyWe is a cooperative postal game featuring two little kiwis working in an original post office. You have to bounce, tap and wiggle your butt in an interactive landscape of levers, bells and buttons to deliver the news on time! Key We’re launching the Nintendo Switch in August.
- ENDER LILIEN: Tranquility Knights of the Danger Interactive Binary: In this 2D action-RPG with dark fantasy you have to take on formidable enemies against whom a moment of inattention can be fatal. Overcome these challenges and search for the truth with the help of the fallen knights. ENDER LILIEN: Serenity Knights on Nintendo Switch on the 21st. June.
- Weave Tides by Follow the Feathers : Use your Weaver and fly over the breathtaking landscapes. Embark on a journey to explore ancient dungeons, solve puzzles, outwit enemies and unravel the great mysteries of a long forgotten past. Weaving Tides, an enchanting single-player adventure set in a magical, textile world, is coming to Nintendo Switch in May.
- Labyrinth City: Detective Pierre Labyrinth of Darjeeling: Based on the children’s book series The City of the Labyrinth: Detective Pierre’s Labyrinth takes you through incredibly detailed labyrinths to find a powerful artifact. During your quest you will interact with over 500 objects or characters, find over 100 hidden items and walk through beautiful locations. Labyrinth City: Pierre the Maze Detective is coming to Nintendo Switch this spring.
- THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake by Eternal Entertainment: The classic arcade railroad shooter is back with a new look and exciting gameplay changes! In this multiplayer game, you play as two government agents who must investigate a disappearance, only to discover hordes of undead monsters. THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: A remake for the Nintendo Switch later this year.
Follow the Indie World Twitter account @IndieWorldNA for the latest news and updates on indie games on Nintendo Switch.
Craig has been involved in the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published in various media. He is currently editor-in-chief and contributor to Age of Games.
How do you load…
nintendo showcase 2021nintendo indie worldnintendo indie world 2021nintendo switchnintendo directgnosia,People also search for,Among Us,Cuphead,Streets of Rage 4,Dauntless,Sail Forth,Skatebird,See more,Cyber Shadow,GNOSIA,Alba: A Wildlife Adventure,Calico,When The Past Was Around,Fisti‑Fluffs,Hades,Animal Crossing: New Horiz…,The Legend of Zelda: Breath of t…,Super Mario Odyssey,Super Smash Bros. Ultim…,Monster Hunter Rise,Untitled Goose Game,Cloudpunk,Stardew Valley,Celeste,Dead Cells,Hollow Knight,nintendo showcase 2021,nintendo indie world,upcoming indie games 2021,switch indie games 2021,best indie games on switch reddit,indie world mirror,indie world 2020 games,nintendo indie world 2021