Discord is the largest VoIP application in the world. It currently has 250 million registered users and an average of about 14 million active users per day. Launched in May 2015, it was intended for Reddit communities that would soon be replacing their IRC servers. Since then, Discord has grown exponentially, thanks to the gamers and fanatics who use it in droves.
But, as with all software applications, Discord has its problems. One of the most common errors is the dreaded No Router Error, which is usually related to entering the voice channel or using the voice channel. I know it’s boring.
In today’s article, we’re going to take a look at why this error message appears and exactly how you can fix it. Let’s get started.
What causes an error when a router is missing?
We have spent a lot of time analyzing all the events related to this bug report to help as many people as possible. We have found a list of reasons why the error can occur, and we will look at solutions for these individual cases later in the article.
Here are most of the reasons why the No Router error occurs.
- Your antivirus/firewall may interfere with Gap – Gap may not maintain outbound connections to a remote server.
- The IP address of the computer you are using has changed – This usually happens if you have a dynamic IP address that changes frequently. In this case, we have a very simple solution that requires a quick reboot.
- Using VPNs – Inequalities only work with VPNs designed with UDP (User Datagram Protocol).
- Discrepancies are blocked by your network administrator – this happens at work or school, it means your network administrator has blocked access to the application.
- Your region may not be compatible – Sometimes an error occurs when trying to connect to a server in another continent.
How do I troubleshoot without a router?
If you’re looking for a way to fix the Discord router error so you can join your teammates in the heat of battle, look no further than our complete step-by-step guide to fixing the problem for good.
We have ranked the methods in descending order, from most successful to least successful.
Method 1: Reboot your system, over
Sometimes the simplest method is the most effective. In this case, the simplest method is to perform a complete reboot of the system and router. I know you’ve probably heard that from every engineer in the world. But when a computer error occurs, the first thing you should do is completely restart the computer.
In this particular case, the reason we are rebooting both the PC and the router is that Discord sometimes refuses to change the user’s IP address. If you have a dynamic IP address, your IP address changes constantly.
You can check if this is a temporary error by rebooting the router and restarting the computer. If you can use Discord again after a reboot, you know that the problem lies with your IP address.
If you still get an error message, don’t worry, we still have solutions.
Method 2: Disable/remove third-party firewall
Another common reason for the No Router Error is your antivirus software. Just like in our article Can’t hear people on Discord, your antivirus can block your connection to a malicious source, in this case Discord.
This usually happens in overprotective antivirus packages, but it can happen to anyone. One way to determine if your antivirus software is causing the routing error is to first look in your AV’s quarantine folder.
All antivirus software has a quarantine zone. This is where files end up that are considered dangerous and harmful to the computer. Sometimes your antivirus software puts a program file there because it thinks it is malicious, when in fact it is not.
Find the quarantine folder, sometimes called virus box, virus repository or whatever, find all the files that are related to the disk or have the word disk in their name, and restore them. At this point, you can also add an exception to this file to prevent the problem from occurring again.
If you don’t see any Discord files in your antivirus program’s quarantine, you can delete them. Only do this temporarily to test Discord, and reinstall it if you conclude that the problem is or is not related to the AV device.
Method 3: Try to remove your VPN
VPNs can be very useful, especially if you want to access content that is not available in your country. However, it can have serious side effects when used in conjunction with Discord.
As with our first method, the VPN will change your IP, which may prevent you from using Discord. Additionally, using a VPN that does not use UDP (User Datagram Protocol) will also result in an error, as Discord was not designed with such support.
The easiest way to determine if the problem is VPN-related or not is to disable the VPN and try downloading Discord. If it works, you know the problem has to do with the VPN.
Method 4: Make sure the drive is locked by the network administrator.
If you get this error message when trying to use Discord at work or school, your network administrator may have blocked access to Discord. Boring.
There is a way around this problem, but remember that you can get into big trouble. Always contact your network administrator and inform them of your Discord requirements.
To bypass the lock, proceed as follows:
- Open the control panel. To do this, press Windows + R and type Control in the window that opens. Press OK to open the control panel.
- In the Control Panel, go to Network and Internet > Network Center. In the sharing center, locate and click the Connections hyperlink for your private network connection. See Figure.
- In the Connection pop-up window, click Properties
- In Properties, click the Network tab, select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and click the Properties button again.
- First, you must change the DNS server settings to use the following DNS server addresses. Then set the Preferred DNS Server setting to 8 8 8. Then set the alternate DNS server to 8 8 4 4. Click OK to save your changes.
- When finished, close all windows and restart the computer to find the new settings. The next time you launch the Discord application, it should connect to the voice channel without any problems. If the error persists, try the next step as an alternative.
Method 5: Try to change the language area of the server
The error can sometimes occur if the server’s language zone is installed on a continent that your network does not support. In this case, you can only ask the server administrator to change the server language area for your continent.
If he doesn’t know who to change the language section of the server to, don’t worry, it’s a pretty simple process. All he has to do is go to Server Settings > Server Region. Here he can choose the region.
Method 6: Reset IP configurations
A crazy method, but one that has had some success, is to clear your IP configurations by typing a series of commands at the command prompt. Some users reported that the following process solved the problem permanently, while others reported that they had to repeat the steps to prevent the error from occurring again.
To reset the IP configuration ;
- Open the command line by typing CMD in Run (Windows key + R) and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
- On the command line, type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
- Then type ipconfig /flushdns, this will clean up the DNS.
- Finally, enter ipconfig /renew to update the IP configuration.
- Once this is done, reboot the system and try running Razdor; hopefully this will solve your problem.
This is a complete analysis of all the methods we have to solve the annoying No Route error message when you try to join the voice channel in Discord. Hopefully one of these methods will solve your problem.
Let us know in the comments below how you did it and if these methods were easy to follow.
frequently asked questions
How do I correct a route error in a detour?
How to play
How do I restore a PSTN Discord connection?
Article for repairing stuck discs….
How do I repair the sanding connection?
Feedback,router blocking discorddiscord no route errorrtc connecting discord fix 2020discord only works with vpndiscord router settingsdiscord rtc connecting no route reddit,People also search for,router blocking discord,discord no route error,rtc connecting discord fix 2020,discord only works with vpn,discord router settings,discord rtc connecting no route reddit,discord no route fix iphone,discord voice connected no bars