In this guide we’ll be showing you how to get your Comcast remote control working, if it not working. The following steps are for using the Comcast remote to control your TV, but it can be applied to using it to control your cable box or other devices you want to control with it. Follow the steps below and you’ll be back to using your Comcast remote in no time.
The comcast remote control not working? Perform the following steps to start the troubleshooting process. The first thing you want to do when your comcast remote control not working is to inspect the remote control for anything that may be obstructing it from working. A lot of times this will solve your problem.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Are you having problems with your Comcast remote? Check out some tips on how to solve the problem of Comcast remote control not working.
Your Comcast remote automatically works with your Comcast set-top box. You need to program the remote to work with your specific TV. If you need help programming your remote, read the instructions provided or learn how to program your Comcast remote with our online program.
This can be a very serious problem, as you cannot operate the TV without a functioning remote control. If you are looking for a solution to this problem, you have come to the right place. I will discuss the causes and some common solutions to this problem.
Why is the Comcast remote not working?
The main reasons why this problem may occur are as follows.
- Problems with the application or device : This problem can occur if the device you are using or the application itself has communication problems.
- Programming the remote control : After you purchase the unit and receive the remote, it must be programmed for the set-top box you are using. Without the proper settings, the remote control will not work.
- Battery Problems : Batteries are one of the main causes of this problem. The remote control will not operate if the batteries used are dead.
- Physical damage: If your remote control is physically damaged, it may also have suffered internal damage. This may damage important internal components and cause the remote control to stop working.
Now that you know the causes of this problem, let’s look at the solutions that can solve it.
How do I fix a Comcast remote that does not work?
May 2021 update:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. Moreover, this utility repairs common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. With this program you can quickly solve PC problems and prevent further problems:
- Step 1: Download the PC recovery and optimization tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step Two: Click Start Scan to detect problems in the Windows registry that may be causing problems with your PC.
- Step Three: Click Repair All to fix all issues.
Troubleshooting remote control button failure
If the buttons on the remote control don’t work or don’t respond properly, you can fix the problem. To do this, long press each key to find the cause of the error. More detailed steps are described below.
- Take the Xfinity remote control and press a button on the remote.
- If you notice that the light on the top of the remote does not blink when you press a button, there may be a problem with the batteries in the remote.
- Replace the batteries and try pressing the button again.
- On the other hand, suppose you press a button that doesn’t respond and the LED flashes.
- If you notice that it flashes red five times, it means that the batteries in the remote control are low.
- Just replace the old batteries with new ones. Your remote control will then work optimally again.
- If none of the above solutions work, don’t panic. To do this, simply contact customer service.
Programming and resetting the remote control
If troubleshooting doesn’t work, there is another way to get the remote’s buttons working again: Programming and resetting the remote control. This means you need to disconnect the remote from the set-top box and the TV, and then reset the remote.
The steps for resetting to factory defaults are described below:
Resetting the remote control with the setting button
- The first thing you need to do is find the Settings button. It is located at the bottom of the remote control.
- When you find the Settings button, click it.
- Press the button until the light switches from red to green.
- If the light is green, press 9-8-1.
- After pressing 9-8-1, the LED should flash green twice. This means that the remote control has been reset successfully.
Remember that the remote control is no longer connected to the set-top box when you reset it. The remote control must be reconnected to the set-top box before it can be used. If the remote control is not linked to the set-top box after the reset, it will not work.
Resetting the remote control to the factory settings without a configuration key
- First you have to find two buttons. Find the D (pound) and A (triangle) keys.
- Use both hands for this step. Once you have located the D and A buttons, press both buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds.
- After three seconds you will see the color of the LED change from red to green.
- When the light changes from red to green, just press 9-8-1.
- After pressing 9-8-1, the LED should flash blue three times. This means that the remote control has been reset successfully.
Setting the TV remote control
After resetting the remote, it has to be set back to the TV, otherwise it won’t work. Follow the steps below to pair the remote with the TV.
- Make sure the TV is on, has the correct input and is connected to the set-top box.
- Press and hold the Set button. It is located at the bottom of the remote control.
- If you do not have a setup button, press and hold the Xfinity and Info (i) buttons for a few seconds.
- The indicator on the top of the remote control changes from red to green.
- When you press the button, a 3-digit code appears on the TV screen. Enter this code on the remote control.
- The TV will notify you when the pairing process is complete. You can press OK key to confirm the operation and exit the interface.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
frequently asked questions
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about xfinity voice remote not working xr15 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if my Comcast remote doesn’t work?
You’ll want to replace your remote if it has stopped working, if it does not respond to any buttons, or if its buttons do not work when they are pressed. The process of replacing a remote is made simple by the customer service department at Comcast, but we’ll walk you through the steps here. While the different versions of the Comcast remote can operate the same functions, they are not always compatible with each other. This can cause problems if you have more than one remote. The best way to know which remote works with which equipment is to check the remote’s code against the code given in the manual for the device. For instance, if you have Comcast remote model RNG200 and a Comcast DVR, and you also have another remote, you can check the codes for both remotes to see if they are the same. If they are the same, then you can pair the remotes to use them interchangeably.
Why is my TV not responding to the remote?
It seems like a simple enough question, but given that our TVs are some of the most complicated gadgets in our homes, predicting the answer is a lot harder than it might seem. The first thing to check is the batteries: The most common reason a remote stops working is because the batteries are low. But, even when you replace the batteries, you may not have helped the situation. If your remote is still not working properly, it’s time to play detective, and figure out if the remote, your TV, or something else is to blame. You just sat down to watch TV and the remote control isn’t working. Your heart starts to pound. Your palms get sweaty. You even start to sweat. What do you do next? You probably start to panic, but before you do, take a moment to try these simple checks. First, try holding down the power button on the TV’s remote control. If you press this button and nothing happens, the batteries may be dead. So, replace the batteries and try again. If that doesn’t work you will have to reset your remote. When your remote won’t respond to commands, it may need to be reset.
How do I resync my Xfinity Remote?
When programming your Xfinity remote, you can store up to 4 devices in each of the remote’s 4 memory banks. However, it may be necessary to re-program your remote if you change devices or are having trouble with your current programming. Regardless of your reason for re-programming your remote, you can usually do so with simple buttons. To reset your remote, press and hold the “Satellite” button, as well as the “Select” button, until the LED light on the remote turns green. The Xfinity XR11 Universal Remote is a powerful remote that can be paired with your devices through the Xfinity xFi app. Unfortunately, if you make a mistake, you might find yourself having to reset the remote back to factory settings and start from square one. This can be a huge pain if you don’t know how to do it!
pair xr11 remotexfinity remotehow to turn on cable boxcomcast cable box turns off with tvxfinity voice remote sorry i didn't get thathow to turn up volume on xfinity remote app,People also search for,Feedback,xfinity remote codesxr15 voice remote not workingxr15v2rqxfinity remote apphow to access tv menu with xfinity remotexfinity voice remote sorry i didn't get that,xfinity remote volume not workinghow do i unpair my tv remotecomcast cable box turns off with tvxr2 remote manual pdfxfinity onkyo remote codesvolume won t work on remote,reset xfinity remote xr15xfinity remote control brokencomcast remote batteries die fastxr2 remote manual pdfhow to reset xfinity cable boxwhat is the setup button on xfinity remote,how to pair xfinity remotecomcast remote batteries die fastcomcast channels not changingxr16 remote volume not workingxr11 remotexfinity stuck on language screen,xr11 remote codesxr11 remote resetxr11 remote ir rfxr15 remotexr5 remotexr11 remote yamaha receiver,old comcast remote not workinghow to use comcast remotecomcast only one channel workscomcast business x1how to set up dvd player to xfinity remotecan you use a universal remote for comcast,Privacy settings,How Search works,pairing xfinity remote,xfinity remote control user manual,xfinity remote manual,xfinity voice remote not working xr15,xfinity remote volume not working,new xfinity remote,pair xfinity remote to box,xfinity xr15 remote